Look Around

Monday, March 08, 2010

Catholic Artworks

An Alphabet of Catholic SaintsAs we've traveled the Alphabet Path, we've made use of The Alphabet of Catholic Saints by Catholic Artworks. I love this book. The text and art are just right for teaching young children. I was very excited to see that they published a book about the Rosary, Discovery the Rosary Mysteries: An Adventure for Today's Kids. I was even more excited to purchase the special package they put together. It came with some beautiful posters, the book and 2 CDs packed with beautiful clip art, coloring pages, holy cards and learning ideas. The book alone is worth the price. Simple but meaningful text and lovely illustrations to help you reflect on each mystery make this a wonderful book to include as part of your family rosary time. The more I explored the CDs, the more I knew I wanted to purchase more of them. This generous company wants to support my home schooling mission. To that end, all their CDs are always discounted for home schoolers. Even better, right now, they are extending this special offer through the end of March. Mine's on the way. Incidentally, I believe that Cd #7 of that series includes the coloring sheets for the Alphabet of Catholic Saints.
Spend some time checking out the website, they have so much to offer. It looks like there are some new books coming soon. And if you are not inclined to print and cut your own materials, they are beginning to offer printed cards and packages. They are all introductory priced right now.
Its not often we can support a Catholic business with such an artistic mission. The artist in me is delighted. The Catholic mother in me is happy to have these materials to teach and enrich my children's faith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i looked them up after we talked the other day and i love their stuff! we were doing crayons and a coloring book for antonio's easter basket, but i think i'm going to get some of the coloring stuff from catholic artworks instead. thanks for sharing!