Look Around

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Who Am I

I really cannot say it any better this evening. This song was played at Mass tonight. As I held John and rocked back and forth to entertain him, I listened intently. It was such a grace filled moment. As I approached to receive I felt the tears come to my eyes. It was truly my Lord, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity, humbling himself, swooping down to me in my weakness, sparing me the climb to heaven for that brief moment when He is one with me. I pray that I remain ever grateful for so magnificent a gift.
The Cup Of Life Outpoured
Words and music by Jim Cowan

Who am I, that I should receive
The cup of life outpoured?
The bread of life, the blood of Christ
The body of my Lord

Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief
Cause me to see You as You are
The King of glory, the Lord of love
The Shepherd of my heart

Lamb of God, Holy God
I come to receive You now
Come into my heart, fill my life
With Your very presence, Lord

To great for me
This wisdom of the Lord
To hold the Savior in my hand
And greater still, the gift of God
That I should be one with Him

© 1987 Jim Cowan (Admin. by Integrity’s Hosanna! Music)

No comments: