Look Around

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Best Sound in the World

Today I got to hear my baby for the first time. Hooray! The relief of knowing my baby is alive and well is just too good for words.

I actually had an appointment August 7 and I just could not stand to wait any longer. I had been calling the midwife's office every morning, hoping for a cancellation I could take. Just minutes after I called this morning and was told there was nothing, they called me back. Could I be there at 10:30? OH YEAH.

And God was so good, I even got a quick ultrasound and got to see the baby jumping around. It seems my old stretched out uterus measures huge. So it was really just a check to see if there might be two babies (!). There was just the one, just the right size. Which is plenty and the most beautiful thing to get to see.

2 comments:

Anne (aussieannie) said...

Blessed news, I am so happy for you and your whole family!

Anonymous said...

That's the sweetest sound in the world. I doubt I could have waited either. :)