Look Around

Monday, July 28, 2008

Take A Look

I love book lists.

On the left I've added a list of books about Benjamin Franklin used in the first week of the American History Trail. The top of the list reflects those used/recommended in the plans. Other additions are books I found at the library that will be in our book basket during the week. I like the flexibility of having many titles to choose from in case someone "hates" a particular title or we just want to read more. I have to add, I'm particularly excited about presenting history this way, especially to my younger children. I love the idea of a connection with a particular person, rather than, what seems to a child, as a vague point in time "a long time ago".

Over at Serendipity there is a complete book list for the first eight weeks of the American History Trail.

No comments: