Look Around

Saturday, July 22, 2006

My husband has a unique gift for..."cutting through the crap" shall we say. My oldest daughter seems to have inherited this gift and often bluntly states the obvious...
On the way to a birthday party last night, we passed a funeral home with several limos parked in front. The girls did not notice it was a funeral home and wondered why there were always a couple limos parked at that building. So I told them. Of course they wondered what the limos were for. I explained that they offer them for the immediate family or close friends to ride in the day of the funeral and burial. My oldest ponders this for a moment and then says out loud, "What does it matter what car they ride in, I mean they all know where they're going that day and who will be there and who's dead."

No comments: