Look Around

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Renewed Tradition

This seems to have originally been printed in The Wanderer, a source to be taken with a grain of salt to be sure. Still, it is an interesting interview. As I mentioned earlier, my bishop has just allowed two Indult Masses in my diocese. I have never been to a Tridentine Rite Mass, though I am familiar with the text and a little bit of the rubrics. As happy as I am that the bishop has allowed this, I do fear it may be divisive at this point for my particular diocese. What a shame if these Masses and the people who attend become insulated from the greater life of the diocese. I think in the end it may do very little to share the beauty of the Rite if families do not bring their personal, lived experience of Christ's mercy into their everyday lives. I was happy to see the interview mention this as well.

No comments: