Look Around

Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year's Daybook

Right now...kids are getting dressed, breakfast cleaned up. We woke a little late this morning. One teen has yet to emerge. (Ah, here she is.)

In a little while...school, doctor, school, ballet. In that order.

This week...Celebrating the Epiphany with the sleepover at Abuela's house. My children refuse to celebrate it on the Sunday. Epiphany is on the 6th and that is that. This morning Elizabeth linked over to this and I think it makes a whole bunch of sense. I think it also marks the anniversary of my baptism. Basketball, Tae Kwon Do and 1 ballet class start up again. Sigh.

I am praying for...mothers who have to say goodbye to children.

I am thankful for...babies. My little babies and my teens and everyone in between. Sweet nephews and nieces. Dear friends' children I've grown to love.

Living the Liturgy...Lots this week, wow! Our focus will be on the Epiphany/Theophany of Our Lord. A favorite feast in our family, always marked with a big celebration at my parents. Hard to believe the Christmas season is coming to a close. It flew by this year. Well, technically don't I really have to Candlemas to take the tree down?

On the Kindle...One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. And lots of other good stuff. Free stuff. Lots and lots of great free stuff for the Kindle.

In the schoolroom...So pleased I've gotten a good amount laid out and planned for the next few months. I'm not done yet, but I'm bolstered by my progress so far.

Johnny...now he's 2! and if you ask him, he loves to tell you. And he loves to tell you his name...Johnny John Bom, a mish-mash of some of the nicknames we have for him. Did  I tell you he's 2? Yeah, every bit of 2, including now daily fits to figure out exactly what he wants for breakfast. How is it little boys come to love superheroes so easily? Johnny is already devoted to Batman and Spiderman.
Please excuse my chocolaty fingers.
 My word for 2011...Eucharisteo. Elizabeth explains very well why. The day she posted this, I had a similar post in draft. Ann's book is really a must read to start the new year.

No comments: