Look Around

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Joy's Birthday

Well, really it is Kay's birthday, but in our house we always think of pure joy when we say her name. From my desk, right now, there is a glorious sunrise. My kitchen is flooded with a warm orange glow. It seems just right that the sun would put on such a beautiful pink-orange display on Kay's birthday.

I didn't sleep well last night, which is funny because the same was true seven years ago as I paced my hospital room all night for her slow-to-start induction. But then in the morning, there she was. Plump and dark haired. I didn't know yet how much I would love that thick, crazy curly hair, even if she cries a little every time its brushed. My poor Kay, the price she pays for her amazing curls.

But like I said, she is pure joy. A big heart and a quick sense of humor. She brings us laughter every single day. Papa is a little sad today, Kay Kay, he wants you to stay just the way you are forever. I think, even if you "grow up" one day, you'll still be our joyful Kay Kay.

P.S. Thank you all for your sweet congratulations. I wasn't trying to be sneaky (honest!), but perhaps a little understated, but that is a subject for another post, coming soon.

No comments: