Look Around

Friday, December 08, 2006

The End of a Long Day

We left our home at 8:50 am and returned home at 8:30 pm.

Phew!

But it all worked out. Though I was not present when any of my kids were being filmed, I hear all their efforts and practice paid off. I can't wait to see the finished product.
I must give a special thanks to George Bonina (of saintly patience I might add), brother of my friend Mary Beth who gave FREELY of his time to do this for our co-op. This is what he does for his profession, so his generosity in this matter is really unequaled. The children loved working with him. He went out of his way to make it truly special and I know what my kids loved most was being treated likes pros themselves.

And a thanks to my friends who hosted us in two homes and another who drove kids back and forth for their tapings. Though the day was long, kids were happy and warm. I even enjoyed a moment of tea and cupcakes. Today was a day that energized me and reminded me what it means to be Catholic, family and homeschoolers.

We ended this day with a beautifully said and reverent Mass at our parish, complete with incense and chanted propers.

Now I am off to make popcorn and wait for Dave to come home.

And Julia, if you read this, you are in my constant prayers and I am sending as much love and peace as I can.

No comments: