Look Around

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Giving Thanks



I didn't get up a Thanksgiving post, but I am most thankful for the gift of new life. Agnes is so wonderful! I hold her and look at her and I go insane. It is a lovely affliction God send us mothers. I find myself captivated by the way she curls her toes when I pull her sleeper off for a diaper change. I love that up until now, she is giving her Papa the very biggest smiles of anyone. I love how she settles into my son's arms when she's upset and almost instantly falls asleep.

I love and am grateful for my husband, who loves me so much and contantly reminds me how beautiful and attractive I am. I am thankful for how hard he works. I am thankful for how ferociously he guards our children's hearts.

I love all my dear children. I am thankful for their unique characters and how each brings a different "spice" to our family life. I am so thankful that they love each other so much.

I am thankful for my own siblings. I can't begin to imagine my life without any of them. I love that we love each other so much.

And as always, it comes back around to Papi and Mami. I am thankful for all they gave they children. Not measured materially...no, the unconditional deep love for their family. Without these lessons, taught in the warmth and safety of our home, I would not be who I am today.

And God, every good and perfect gift comes from You, and so Thanks Be to God, Now and Forever!

No comments: