I read this and then listened to Senators Clinton and Reid presenting a bill to reduce the number of "unintended pregnancies" (they claim about 50%) and therefore abortions (about 50% of the "unintended pregnancies"). Of course emergency contraception was a huge part of it. Anyway, I was listening to them and had this story running through my head and I came to several conclusions:
- "Unintended pregnancies"? I mean really, are they trying to sell us the idea that in this day and age people don't know that sex can result in pregnancy AND they are completely clueless as to how to keep that from happening? Yes, that is exactly want they want us to believe and that we need lots more money to help these poor, stupid people.
- It is nuts to believe that had this young woman known more about contraception her story wouldn't as gruesome and horrifying. This is a heart and mind problem folks.
- Planned Parenthood now has no choice but to openly advocate for wholesale murder of innocent children. The science and images we have these days means they can't hide behind the "Is it human?" line.
- Abortion in this country has become back-up contraception.
- If people stopped having "intended sex" so much, we would probably have a lot less "unintended pregnancies."