Look Around

Monday, June 08, 2009

Daybook: The Start of the Very Hot Days

Outside my window...very sunny, and I'm guessing very hot.

I am hearing...Carmen eat a bowl of Cheerios.

I am thinking...I am so happy I moved the bookcases, got rid of junk and will make the school room work much better for all of us. I still have more organizing and tidying up, but I can see the finish line.

From the school room...nothing unusual, just making sure we keep up the routine. Umm, yeah about that, still working towards the ideal.

Living the Liturgy...St. Anthony, Body and Blood of Christ...I'm pretty sure there's some good learning there.

Around the house...the whole family did some super cleaning and purging, especially in the kitchen. And of course (and if you're a member of my family, stop laughing) laundry.

From the kitchen...very excited to try this recipe for homemade gyros this week. Planning some other family favorites for this week. Tonight I'm finally going to make some lovely risotto with asparagus. Also going to make my very own greek yogurt following these directions. Very excited to try my hand at making my own yogurt.

I am hoping...you know what? I'm pretty much open to whatever blessing or trial God has coming my way...I am hoping for grace.

I am thankful...for my husband.

I am reading...Dandelion Wine. Well, I've just barely started it, but I zipped through Animal Farm. Also reading Thank God Ahead of Time: The Life and Spirituality of Solanus Casey and
Tomatoes, Potatoes, Corn, and Beans: How the Foods of the Americas Changed Eating...

One of my favorite things
...I'm John's whole world right now, with occasional moments for Papa. I love how he turns his little head to look for me if I hand him to someone to hold. It also means he wants only me (a lot), so I think I need to invest in a new carrier. I love my slings, but they're just not working for me these days, not completely hands free and John wants a little more wiggle room I think. I'm longing for this one. Those owls are so cute!

A few plans for the rest of the week...food shopping, maybe a trip to the Farmer's Market, maybe more bowling, big book sale at a local warehouse, maybe some stolen moments with the baby at a homeschool conference, a crazy weekend...

A picture thought I'm sharing...


More from Maddy's camera. Exciting news for her this week. On Friday she'll be "working" with a pro at a wedding. There's a planning meeting tomorrow, rehearsal on Thursday. As you can imagine, Maddy is very excited.

Visit Peggy for more Daybook entries.

1 comment:

Grandmother Wren said...

Hello Marisa,

I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find each other and share our daybooks while Peggy is on vacation.
Please stop by on Mondays and add your link –
I’d love to have you!

http://grandmotherwren.com