Look Around

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Small Successes: Life in the Trenches Edition

FaithButton

Here's the truth, I'm not feeling very successful this week. We trudged through very little school. Agnes refuses to potty train with a stubbornness that amazes me. My sweet baby boy discovered that the preferred spot for long luxurious naps is in my arms and nowhere else (and if he doesn't get those naps, he's pretty darn cranky). Laundry is backed up. Tonight I'm making lentils and rice for dinner which makes me persona non grata around here. I thought about not posting at all. Life is not perfect or easy. Some weeks I feel like I'm just surviving. This was one of them.

But really, I don't want to leave this post on a downer. Let's say that as difficult as this week has been, there have been moments where I have felt God's grace filling in the gaps. I let that grace sustain me. I would call that a success.

4 comments:

ViolinMama said...

Amen to your sentiments, and lots of hugs. I feel the way you do many times....and just admitting you are not super woman is a success! God is holding you up, and so are we!

God Bless!! Much love!

Geraldine Erikson said...

So sorry ot hear your week has been tough. I have been ther with you this week. MY children seem to have spring fever and school has been difficult.

I hope your week will be better next week.

Tracy said...

We've all had those weeks. Just from your post I can say that you:

1-Have given yourself to your baby so that he can nap. In your arms. That is a good and patient mom.

2-You admit to not having a good week and let the grace of God sustain you! That is a HUGE thing that I know that I often forget.

3-You changed the header on your blog. It looks really nice. See, three small successes!

Good job! Even in a bad week...

Marisa said...

Thank you all for your kind words.

And the header is one of my daughter's photos.