Look Around

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Joining in the Easter Celebration

When I saw this post by Jessica, I decided we would join along. Even though I do not even own the sticker set that got the ball rolling. It just seems right to truly celebrate the entire Easter season, rather than just one day. I am delighted to see lots of other families celebrating too and so very grateful for all the inspiration and fun they are sharing. Charlotte is sharing ideas with Jessica. Maria has her own version to work with her family. Elizabeth is joining in too.

We started today and I smooshed a few days together. First I read a little about the Easter season from Living the Liturgical Year. We read Jesus' words from John 10. We also read Psalm 23. The big girls did copywork from both. I made up a quick lined notebook page.


Sam and Carmen got a start on painted gates. We'll finish them off tomorrow afternoon. I don't think we'll go for the flowerly look of the directions. I think we'll find a good image of the Good Shepherd to glue on and maybe some cottonball sheep at his feet.

Anna made the Heaven's Gate collage.


Kay and Agnes made cottonball sheep.

Tomorrow afternoon (the morning belongs to bluebells, mud and all) we'll read about the wolf and these books, Saint Francis and the Wolf and a different version with the same title. I think we'll even make the wolf paw cookies. Cookies and chocolate? Of course.

Next week will be a little more stretched out and organized ;).

3 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

I'm so glad that you are joining in the fun!! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Our gates turned out so lovely thanks to your idea to mount them to a picture of the Good Shepherd. Thank you so much and happy Easter!

Maria said...

I love Anna's Heaven Gate collage! Happy Easter to you and yours. I miss seeing all of you!