Look Around

Monday, March 16, 2009


Outside my window
...dreary and gray. Dave called me from the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge and tells me things looked the same on the other side of the country.

I am hearing...kids in the kitchen.

I am thinking...I will enjoy making this my regular blog entry on Mondays, help me give structure to my week.

From the school room...light day today. I didn't plan very well this weekend. I gave my time happily to a visit from my sister and Dave before his travel. I will be getting the week planned tonight.

Living the Liturgy...St. Patrick's Day tomorrow with soda bread and Irish butter for breakfast, a visit from Grandma bringing Shepherd's Pie for dinner, green pistachio cookies and a craft/activity I will plan tonight ;).
St. Joseph will be celebrated with Italian beef, roasted tomatoes, homemade bread and cream puffs for dessert and a craft/activity.

Around the house...laundry, laundry, laundry. Keep deep cleaning the school room, then move on to craft storage.

From the kitchen...I can smell the bread pudding Lilly begged to make. Smells promising.
I am hoping...Dave gets some perfect weather to enjoy his favorite city.

I am thankful for...daughters that make bread pudding.

I am reading...Dragonheart..don't ask, I really just needed something light and mindless for a few days.
I've been reading bits and pieces of The Problem of Pain, but I want to really give myself a better focus for Lent so I will start Spiritual Childhood this week.

One of my favorite things...is a husband who calls from the Golden Gate and the first thing he tells me is how much he misses me and then tells me all about the lovely view in front of him.

A few plans for the rest of the week...celebrating saints, big girls have a play performance, Dave is home Thursday night, co-op Friday, funeral for a friend's father on Saturday...busy week with many events to ponder and learn from.

A picture thought I'm sharing...

Where my heart is.

Visit Peggy for more Daybook entries.

No comments: