Look Around

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Things that Go Bump in the Night

That would be the little plastic tab that holds up a shelf in one of your lower kitchen cabinets. At 4:20 am it breaks...lots of pyrex pieces, stainless bowls on that shelf...loud crash. For some reason when it startled me awake, I was sure something big had fallen down and was crushing the baby. Why? Who knows...perhaps my tiny toddler actually figured out how to scale her bed, went down to the kitchen and decided to bake...at 4:20 am. I shot up in the bed, shoved my husband and I think I said his name and ran to save the smothered baby or fight off the intruder in the kitchen. He barely moved. I picked everything up, went back to our room where he mumbled something about what happened, turned over and went back to sleep.

Thanks to the amazing adrenaline rush of fighting off imaginary intruders and saving small children I did not. Go back to sleep that is.

No comments: