Look Around

Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Prize

Yesterday our friend Andrew and his mom came over. He comes once a week to do a bit of school with us. I had already decided to read The Little Caterpillar that Finds Jesus. Besides making a simple page for our notebooks, I had not really planned much else. It seems the Lord planned it for us. Our Catholic home school group has been planning Holy Hours for children once a month. We had yet to attend. There was one scheduled for yesterday and the timing worked perfectly for the flow of our morning, even giving us time for lunch before leaving. I can't begin to describe how it felt to read that beautiful book knowing that we would be able to make a visit to the Blessed Sacrament. I can only pray that I keep that feeling and I learn to always long for Him in the same way. The children LOVED the story. When the Holy Hour started and father brought out the monstrance, my six year old exclaimed, "There's Jesus! Just like in the book!" My little ones were squirmy, in fact, they barely behaved. No matter. The Church was full of squirmy little ones, patient moms and prayerful children. I felt so blessed. When my three year old saw the monstrance she yelled, "Look! He got the trophy!" Isn't Christ our greatest prize after all?

No comments: