Look Around

Friday, March 09, 2007

Culture

I wish I had more time to thoroughly work up a post with links and all. Oh well.
I have been listening to a lot of stuff about this whole Jesus tomb thing on the Discovery Channel. Others have written better about it. Check out Amy Welborn and Jimmy Akin in particular. I will share one thought. I head a Muslim call in on a radio show wondering why Christians got so worked up over this and really aren't we overreacting just a bit, what's the big deal. All I could think is, "Yeah because Muslims have shown themselves to be so calm in their responses when they have felt their faith maligned in any way." I give you the Holy Father burned in effigy (I did actually see a picture of this).
It is not to say that we should go out of our way to insult those of other faiths, but really, why are Christians the only group we are allowed to beat up on so mercilessly (especially Catholics)? And why are we expected to just sit back and take it? We Catholics in particular should not sit back. We should teach and evangelize but above all pray. One day every knee shall bow and what a glorious day that will be.

The baby is frantically sucking on my arm. I must feed the poor thing.

No comments: