Look Around

Friday, November 03, 2006

Why I do it

Elizabeth Foss never ceases to amaze me. Her writing is so beautiful, rich and deep. She has proven this once again with this moving post.
It hits me on many levels. My own Agnes is just a few days older than her Karoline. This morning I had an abdominal ultrasound to see what may (or may not) be wrong with my liver or gall bladder. And a dear family is struggling through the medical trials with their precious daughter Betsy, the same age as my Anna. The other night we shared with our children the fact that one of their siblings is (hopefully) in heaven already. All these thoughts today...
God is good and he has blessed me so richly. All these things, joyful, difficult and sad are a part of His plan. I say it all the time, but I will say it again; I could never imagine in my wildest dreams the rich, amazing life He has given me.

No comments: