Look Around

Monday, November 27, 2006

Overwhelmed

I love Advent and Christmas! I love doing special things with the children this time of year. I love spending hour upon hour baking treats for everyone. Heck, this year I will probably try some simple candy making as well.
But I am overwhelmed! And in the best way really. I'm trying to put together some theme units that all the children can work through the month of December and into January. They are focused on the liturgical calendar. So we're focusing around St. Nicholas, Our Lady of Guadalupe, the O Antiphons and few other things for fun (like the Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett). The problem is too many books and materials to choose from! I keep having to remind myself that there will be other years...but I want them all. Worse, I am fighting the compulsive urge to buy all the wonderful books recommended by other homeschooling moms on their blogs as they pull their units together.
And of course, there is still a baby to care for, a house to keep up, presents to pick and purchase (thats a whole other post!) and a house to get ready for a Baptism/Five-year-old's-Dance Party. I'm not quite sure what Anna's vision for said dance party is, but I'm sure she will let us know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you think she has something SNL like in mind (Night at the Roxbury)?