Look Around

Thursday, October 12, 2006

And Now for Something Completely Different

Well, of course I thought/hoped to be posting more, but I think I may have forgotten how much attention a newborn needs, especially when she has those days where she wants constant holding and what feels like constant nursing. Still, we are all adjusting well. It feels like she's always been with us already.

But as to the title of the post...

We have to big trunks of dress-up clothes for the kids. Even my older girls still love pulling stuff out and playing around. Its big old shirts, costume parts and other such cast-offs. Included in this is my old senior prom dress. It is bright emerald green, knee length lacy and sparkly. I'm sure I looked stunning in it. It was added to the dress-up box MANY years ago when I realized I probably would never want to be seen in such a dress again.
This afternoon, Maddy and Lilly somehow convinced my son Sam to put on said dress as well as some sort of Carmen Miranda type head wrap and a necklace, race up to my room to show me his "cotume" for Halloween. I would have snapped a picture except that I want no evidence of the sight to remain, as it may put his father in an early grave. It was hysterically funny.

No comments: