Look Around

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Definition

The day started rough, with Carmen as intractable as ever about school. She ended up coming around and cheerfully completing all her subjects. It was fantastic. We had lunch, ran an errand and were even able to get back on task to complete one more subject with the older girls. So there was time for the pool. And it was there that God gave me such a wonderful gift...the definition of joy.
It was all six of my children playing together in the shallow end of the pool. Imagine a ten year old, eleven year old, and eight year old swimming races with the two year old, pushing her along in her floatie. The four year old paddling around with the six year old. All happy in each others company, joyful and loving. All I could do was pat my big belly and say, "See, this is what waits for you. I can't wait to see you in there with them." And of course, I smiled and I still am smiling.

No comments: