Look Around

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Curriculum

We have slowly begun our school year, and even as I go over lessons for next week, I seriously consider pitching whole parts of my planning. I love the Charlotte Mason method. The more children I need to teach, the more wisdom, peace and beauty I see in applying it in our home. This year I have come closer than ever, but not as close as I would like. So I read Elizabeth Foss' plans and all the amazing posts at 4Real and I am inspired...but overwhelmed. The end of this pregnancy is finding me very fatigues and I have real problem slowing down, saying no and focusing on what really matters. The best thing I've heard so far is mother telling me to stay home, sit on the sunroom couch and teach. I think that may be the motto for the year. And I MUST pray every day!

No comments: