Look Around

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Noodle Nazi?

So husband won't be home until very late, fed the children pancakes and fruit (be quiet) so I figure I'm pregnant and hungry, I'm ordering Chinese. I see what I want...pan-fried noodles, one of my all-time favorites. But the menu just says Pan-fried noodles. I know that usually it comes with beef, chickem and shrimp. I'm pretty sure I've developed an allergy to shrimp so I double check when I order. I also ask if it is possible to get it without shrimp. I don't mind picking them out, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Instead of just saying yes or no, the guy asks me if I know what pan-fried noodles are. Yes, I say. He asks, have I ever eaten them. Yes, I say. Then he aks me if I know what it is. Yes! I say. Tell me what it is he says...whaaaa? So I tell him. This seemed to satisfy him, but he still has not answered my question. So, can I get it without shrimp? Yes, he says. Glad we're all clear.

No comments: